Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

11.15.2009

Handmade for the Holidays

When it comes to the holidays, my family is the type who has their gifts bought and wrapped before most people (me included) have even given it a second thought. So, it caused a bit of anxiety when my parents asked me for my Christmas list this past week. Yes, we still do those in my crazy family. You wouldn’t think that having to come up with a wish list would be that big of a deal, but for me it is really turning out to be. Honestly, there isn’t that much that I want, yet alone need. I just went through my house for the second or third time this year and purged a bunch of unwanted stuff and donated it to charity. Time, people, and experiences mean much more to me than any trinket. Yeah, I know I’m getting sappy, but try explaining non-consumerism to my family ~ they don’t really get it. So, if I’m forced to provide them with a list of things to buy me, I’d rather they buy from the indie artists on Etsy instead of some big box retailer. I went through my favorites list, and here is what I came up with. Do you think I can turn mi familia into Etsy shoppers?

I eat pepper on everything and would love a handcrafted pepper mill, like the one pictured. There is nothing like freshly ground pepper. I would get a lot of use out of this gorgeous pepper mill, and it would look fabulous sitting out on the countertop. It would last forever, too. Pepper Mill 460 by Richlynne, $109.95.

You can’t go wrong with yummy treats, and these marshmallows sound irresistible to me! Organic Cinnamon Sugar Marshmallows, $9 from haveitconfections.

I could always ask for something on the pricey side, which would cut their shopping trips very short ~ hee hee. I’d get a lot of use out of this chic black bag! Baby Ruche Bag in Black, $168, jennyndesign.

Of course, beads are always welcome under my tree. I am loving this lampwork artist, and would cherish anything from her shop, including these Black and White Raku nuggets, which are priced at $16 for a set of 8, from Blue Seraphim.

A local artist, melissahappystuff makes some very unique knitted items, such as this darling neckwarmer. Knit Organic Cotton Scarf Neckwarmer Blue, $30.

A few weeks ago, while at a craft show, I fell in love with a pair of hand felted mittens like these. They are made from upcycled sweaters and then felted by hand~ so soft and warm! I wouldn’t mind these wool knit socks, either. Both hail from Etsian Shady Side Farm.

2 comments:

Dancing Mom said...

We cut out the gift exchange thing in my family a few years ago. Holidays have been less stressful ever since then.

Anonymous said...

You could always ask your family to donate money to a charity in your name, in lieu of the gifts.