Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

8.07.2009

Here's the Dish: Chicken and Avocado Wrap

Someday when I open my own Sandwich shop, this is going to be on the menu. If you like avocado, then you will love this. Even if you don't, I say give it a try. You might just change your mind after tasting it!
Chicken and Avocado Wrap

Ingredients:

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar

1/3 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon sugar

1 clove garlic, pressed

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 large green bell pepper, quartered

1 large red bell pepper, quartered

1 large purple onion, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices

2 large avocados, peeled and sliced

6 (10 inch) flour tortillas (Or lavash, which is what I use and it works well)

Avocado Mayo Ingredients:

2 small avocados

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 clove garlic, minced (use more if you like it!)

1 tablespoon lemon juice

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

Directions: 1. Peel avocados, and mash in a small bowl; stir in mayo and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill.

2. Whisk together first six ingredients.

3. Place chicken breasts in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour half of vinegar mixture over chicken.

4.Place bell pepper, onion, and avocado in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining vinegar mixture over vegetables.*

5. Seal bags, and chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally.

6. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinades, discarding marinades.

7. Grill chicken and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350* to 400*F/ 175* to 205*C) 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.

8. Remove vegetables from grill when done.

9. Cool; cut chicken and vegetables into strips.

10. Spread tortillas with Avocado Mayonnaise.

11. Place chicken and vegetables on tortillas; roll up. Cut in half diagonally.

* Marinating the vegetables ahead of time is not necessary. I usually let the chicken marinate overnight, for more flavor. When I am ready to prepare everything, I saute the veggies on the stove with some EVOO, balsamic, and a little salt and pepper for seasoning. You will probably end up with more of the Avocado mayo than you need for these. That's OK! It is good on anything and everything.

2 comments:

Alison Kelley said...

Oh this looks so good! I could totally go for one of these. I'll been trying it out soon and I'll let you know! Thanks for the recipe!

jacjewelry said...

Looks amazing! I LOVE avocado. Will need to try it soonest!