1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 large green bell pepper, quartered
1 large red bell pepper, quartered
1 large purple onion, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
6 (10 inch) flour tortillas (Or lavash, which is what I use and it works well)
Avocado Mayo Ingredients:
2 small avocados
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced (use more if you like it!)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions: 1. Peel avocados, and mash in a small bowl; stir in mayo and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill.
2. Whisk together first six ingredients.
3. Place chicken breasts in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour half of vinegar mixture over chicken.
4.Place bell pepper, onion, and avocado in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; pour remaining vinegar mixture over vegetables.*
5. Seal bags, and chill at least 1 hour, tossing occasionally.
6. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinades, discarding marinades.
7. Grill chicken and vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350* to 400*F/ 175* to 205*C) 20 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
8. Remove vegetables from grill when done.
9. Cool; cut chicken and vegetables into strips.
10. Spread tortillas with Avocado Mayonnaise.
11. Place chicken and vegetables on tortillas; roll up. Cut in half diagonally.
* Marinating the vegetables ahead of time is not necessary. I usually let the chicken marinate overnight, for more flavor. When I am ready to prepare everything, I saute the veggies on the stove with some EVOO, balsamic, and a little salt and pepper for seasoning. You will probably end up with more of the Avocado mayo than you need for these. That's OK! It is good on anything and everything.