Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

1.25.2009

Front page feature, Computer problems and Clint

The past week has been mostly uneventful, but oddly enough, I don't know where the time went! I am playing catch up today ~ thanks to my husband for "allowing" me to use his computer (haha ~ each of us tends to be a bit of a computer hog, so we have "his" and "her" computers). I left the battery pack for my laptop at the office, and it ran out of juice ~ go figure.
Last Saturday morning I woke up to find my shop was featured on the Etsy front page, thanks to Alison Kelley Designs, who curated a lovely treasury of Valentine's inspired items. This was the first time I actually caught myself on the front page as it was happening, so that was pretty exciting. I am still completely inept when it comes to snagging a treasury of my own, but Alison and Janna of jacjewelry have been gracious enough to offer plenty of tips on how to get one. I came close on Friday, but unfortunately I was at work when the Treasury opened, and I somehow missed the window. Darn, that job really gets in the way sometimes!! :)
Speaking of treasuries and Alison Kelley, feast your eyes on this most loveliest of treasuries yet! This one features my "Splendor in the Glass" earrings and is full of girly pink. I have to say Alison, that this is one of my favorites yet. Truly I think Etsy should create a permanent position of "Treasury Curator", and Alison should get it!
Lastly, I wanted to give a mention to the film "Gran Turino", which we went to see yesterday. I hope you all go and see it! OK, so I am biased ~ the film was shot entirely in the Detroit area. In fact, I was driving home one day last summer when I happened upon the film set as shooting was taking place at Widgren's Barber Shop on 11 mile road in Royal Oak. I even caught a glimpse of the film's star and director, Clint Eastwood. It was pretty exciting!
I won't spoil the plot of the movie, but I will just say that Eastwood plays Walt Kowalski ~ an ornery, retired Ford line worker and Korean war veteran who becomes quite likable as the story progresses. He was quite believable in this role playing a character that personifies so many men of that generation ~ those who spent 30+ years working in automotive, earning an honest decent living and supporting their families. The character still lives in the same house he raised his family in, even though the surrounding neighborhood has changed drastically and fallen to disrepair. The title of the film comes from the vintage Gran Torino that Walt proudly helped build and maintains as his most prized possession.
So, if you're looking for an escape from the dreary days of winter, I highly suggest going to see this film. Yay for Michigan!!!

1 comment:

jacjewelry said...

Yay - glad your computer is now fixed! Congrats on the FP, and keep trying for a Treasury - come on Stacy, you can do it, I know you can!!! Hope your week is off to a good start. :)