Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

1.22.2010

Here's the Dish: Grape and Almond Mixed Greens Salad

Something very strange has been happening to me lately ~ I've been craving salad. I've always liked it, but to crave it like pizza or a slice of cheesecake is a bit unusual for me. I hope this healthy kick is here to stay. I'll be posting some of my favorite salad recipes in the weeks to come. Likewise, I'd love to hear any you may have, so please send them on! The recipe below originally came from here. It is very easy and requires few ingredients, which makes it perfect for a quick lunch on the go. I often bring it to chomp on at work. If you do, be sure to put the dressing on right before eating, since it tends to wilt the greens. If you're a texture girl like I am, then you prefer your lettuce crispy. I really love this one ~ it has the right balance of sweet and salty, with a touch of savoriness from the cheese and the perfect crunch from the almonds.
Grape and Almond Mixed Greens Salad
Ingredients:
2 T. Olive Oil
1 T. Sherry Vinegar
2 t. minced shallot
1/2 t. minced garlic
1/4 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
4 c. mixed greens
1 c. grapes, halved
1/3 c. toasted and coarsley chopped almonds
1 oz. shaved sharp cheddar cheese
Directions:
Combine first six ingredients in a non-reactive bowl. Drizzle over greens; sprinkle with cheese and almonds; toss to coat. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

jacjewelry said...

Mmmm salad! I've always loved salad, and when I go a day or two without it, I crave it. Perhaps it's because I grew up eating lots of veggies daily. This recipe looks wonderful. I usually bring a salad for lunch. I throw in whatever I happen to have in the fridge and keep a bottle of dressing in the fridge at work. My two favorite embellishments are goat cheese and roasted pine nuts! Sometimes I grill chicken and add it to the salad.

Alison Kelley said...

I love salads too and I love them with fruit in them. I crave that bit of sweetness in them. Grapes, dried cranberries, or cubed apples are all wonderful in salads. Oh and don't forget the cheese, I've always put some kind of cheese on mine but just recently I tried it with goat cheese and I'm in love. Why didn't I think of that before!