Toasted Orzo Pilaf
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup orzo pasta
3 cups canned chicken broth
6 green onions
6 large button mushrooms
1/2 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
salt and pepper
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in medium saucepan.
2. Add orzo and stir until pasta is toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Add broth, bring to a boil and cook pasta until done; drain.
4. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan.
5. Add green onions and mushrooms and cook until crisp-tender.
6. Add pine nuts, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir in the cooked orzo and fresh parsley, and heat through.