Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

9.10.2009

Here's the Dish: The Best Blueberry Pie Ever!

I’ll admit, I’ve never been a fan of pie . . . unless it is filled with chocolate and whip cream and gooey stuff like that. I’d much prefer a cheesecake anyday. So, when Mr. V. requested a blueberry pie, I told him the only way he’d get one would be if he baked it himself. Boy, was I surprised when he agreed to do it! The man has never baked a thing in his life, that I am aware of. This would be interesting. I found a recipe that sounded pretty tantalizing, and one day we decided to make it. He did all of the manual labor ~ I just stood by to supervise, so he wouldn’t confuse a teaspoon with a tablespoon, and that kind of thing. The end result was this amazingly delicious slice of blueberry goodness that you see before you. Let me tell you, it was awesome. I can honestly say that I am now a pie lover for life.
Blueberry Sour Cream Pie
Ingredients: 1 unbaked pie crust, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 cup sour cream, 1 egg, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen), For the Topping: 3 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans Directions: 1. Mix sugar and flour together in bowl. 2. Beat in sour cream, egg,vanilla and salt together until smooth (about 5 minutes). 3. Fold in blueberries. 4. Pour into pie crust, and bake at 400F for 25 minutes. (May need to adjust temperature and time for frozen berries). 5. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. 6. Remove pie from oven after the 25 minutes, and sprinkle on topping. 7. Return pie to oven and bake 10 minutes more. 8. Chill before serving.
If you need proof, here is a photo of the man in action, pouring the filling into the crust. Yes, it was a pre-made crust. I haven’t made a pie crust from scratch since 7th grade "Home Ec" class. Sometimes the short cuts are necessary, but in this case, one might think you spent half a day in the kitchen. It is that good.

1 comment:

jacjewelry said...

Wow! I need some right away!