Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

8.02.2009

A Day of Blueberries

This post by Janna of jaC jewelry inspired me to do something I haven't done since my youth, and that was to go blueberry picking. Yesterday was the perfect day for it, so we grabbed my parents and drove to the countryside to a wonderful blueberry farm. The four of us truly enjoyed this adventure, which netted us boatloads of wonderful berries that we will enjoy for months to come (thank goodness they freeze well!). You can bet there will be many blueberry recipes on this blog in the near future, but for now take a look at some of our adventures from yesterday: On our way out of town, we stopped at the Shelby Township Farmer's Market to see my friend Kay, who is the creator of Wooly Bulle'. Take a look at her fabulous display of all natural lotions, soaps and laundry powder. They are wonderful products! If you live in the Metro Detroit area, be sure to stop by this market, which runs on Saturdays from 9-2. It is located at the historic Packard Proving Grounds, which is a wonderful setting. While not a terribly big market, it features a lovely range of items and some of the freshest, most delicious looking produce I have ever seen. There was even one vendor who would cut a fresh head of romaine lettuce for you, right off the plant, for only $2.25.
The Blueridge Berry Farm in Capac, MI is the place to go.
Look at those beautiful berries, just waiting to be picked!
These two buckets were mine and the hubby's. Between the four of us, we ended up with over 30lbs. of them!
They made for excellent pancakes this morning :)

3 comments:

Alison Kelley said...

Oh how fun! When we went visiting my brother and sister in law a few weeks back we tried going blue berry picking but the farm was closed so we ended up going cherry picking and that was alot of fun too. Oh, I'm so jealous, I love blue berries and those pancakes look delicious!

Kacies Kreations said...

The photo of the blueberries on the plant is awesome!! Fantastic close-up.

BTW, thank you for the kind words and mention of Wooly Bulle' at the Shelby Farmer's Market. Very friendly vendors and customers.

jacjewelry said...

Oh I love blueberries! Wow, 30 lb! That's a LOT of blueberries - be careful not to turn blue from eating too many. :) Your pictures look fantastic - I'd love to go berry picking again!