Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

7.22.2009

Here's the Dish: Huevos Rancheros

Breakfast for dinner is very popular at my house. There are some days when the last thing I want to do is spend hours cooking after being at work for 8-10 hours ~ believe it or not. This dish is a no brainer, which is why we love it so. Mr. V's speciality is eggs so he can even whip this up all by his big self. I love a man who can cook ;) First, start with fresh ingredients like the ones you see pictured above. Chop them up to make a fresh salsa, such as this one. Or, to save time and effort, just open a jar of salsa. There's no right or wrong here, my peeps. (Although the fresh does taste better!)
Heat a tortilla in a pan that has been coated with oil. When it turns golden brown, flip it over, and sprinkle some shredded cheese on the side that has browned.
When the cheese has melted a little, crack an egg over it. The secret here is to keep your heat at about medium so you don't burn the tortilla to bits. The egg will run, but that's OK. We aren't going for Martha Stewart perfection here. When the egg has set or started to turn white at the edges, flip the entire thing over. This gets messy, trust me, but it's OK. Just cook the egg for a few more minutes and then flip it onto a plate.
Add your salsa, beans (they were in the salsa here), sour cream, Tabasco sauce, and whatever else you like.
I like mine with scrambled eggs :)

2 comments:

Alison Kelley said...

Holly cow, this looks so good!!! You are such a great cook Stacy, I wish I could come over for dinner sometime, hehe :)

jacjewelry said...

Oh my goodness, that looks SO good! I will have to try it!!!