Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

3.13.2009

Shop Update: Inspiration, Frustration . . . and Javier?

As my recent posts have suggested, I’ve been feeling a bit frustrated by the lack of free time I’ve had lately. Beading is truly therapeutic for me, so when I am unable to do it, I start feeling anxious. My mind is constantly whirring with new ideas and creations that I want to make. I resorted to carrying a notebook with me to work, so I could jot down my notes and sketches rather than try to store them in my brain. Oddly enough, my mind races with new ideas when I am at my regular job. But I digress . . . There are close to a dozen new pieces that haven’t made it to my shop yet. I sat down this past Tuesday evening to list a few of them, but my computer decided to freeze up on me. I gave up, and watched the movie “Vicki Christina Barcelona” instead. Have you seen it? Really cute movie. I loved Javier Bardem in the lead role ~ what a departure from “No Country for Old Men”.
I recently obtained the baubles in this photo during an outing to the antique market we like to visit on Sundays. I cannot wait to start playing and working them into some new creations!
I’m also trying to teach myself the art of pearl knotting. It’s a slow go, but I hope to become good enough to where I can post a tutorial. Ha ha ~ we’ll see.
My friend Jenny has asked me to create the bridal jewelry for her upcoming June wedding. Expect to see a future blog post showing the finished product. I will also be featuring one of my favorite Etsy sellers in the very near future. Wonder who it will be??
I'm having a major block when it comes to naming a few of those new pieces I spoke of earlier. I may need some help in that area. Hmmm . . . I feel a contest coming on :)
Lastly, one bit of shop talk. I will be closing my shop for a few days toward the end of next week. I expect to re-open late on the 22nd or first thing on the 23rd. No worries, I will be back full speed after that!
Have a terrific weekend!

1 comment:

jacjewelry said...

Your new finds look fab - can't wait to see what you come up with! Oh bridal jewelry will be fun! Are you going to incorporate antique beads into them? Looking forward to your features! :)