Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

2.06.2009

Too Good to Forget ~ Smoked Turkey, Broccoli and Gouda Casserole

This dish is an old standby that is especially satisfying on a cold winter day when you're stuck indoors. It was first introduced to me by a friend at work. Whenever we would have office potlucks, she would bring this dish. I loved it so much that I always requested the recipe from her, but she would just laugh and rattle off the list of ingredients, saying that there was no written recipe for it. Eventually, when she left the company, I pinned her down and made her write the recipe down. What I got in return was a grocery list of the ingredients that go into making this wonderful casserole. This is one of the few recipes in my standard rotation that I know by heart. I think it is too good to forget.
Here is what you need to make it:
16 oz. frozen chopped broccoli (thawed)
16 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce
4-5 medium potatoes (any kind you prefer), cubed or sliced thin
4 oz. Smoked Gouda cheese
4 oz. Shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb. Smoked turkey breast, cut up into cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a lightly greased casserole dish or 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender.

2 comments:

Kacies Kreations said...

Yum! Love smoked gouda cheese. I am making a pizza this weekend with fennel, onions and black olives. I can't decide between feta cheese or mozzarella for a topping. Your casserole sounds great!

jacjewelry said...

I LOVE gouda cheese. This looks GREAT! Will have to try it soonest. :)