Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

2.26.2009

A Reason to Celebrate

This week marked a special occasion in my life ~ my 34th birthday. Birthdays are cause for celebration in my mind ~ after all, if you don't celebrate the passage into another year of life, then what is the alternative? Besides, with the state of the economy and the negative impact it has had on nearly all facets of our daily existence, it seemed like a little celebration was more than overdue. There's me with my birthday brownie a la mode :) My pal Jenny and her soon-to-be husband came over for an impromptu birthday party. That's Jen and I with our "frou frou" drinks ~ margaritas made with fresh strawberries! Yes, I know those are martini glasses ~ I couldn't find my margarita glasses. I'm sure that I was breaking some cardinal rule of "Cocktail Making 101". My bad!
This beautiful orchid was a gift from my dear friend, Karen. She has made a tradition out of sending flowers to me at work on my birthday. I must say though, that I am always pleasantly surprised when the special delivery shows up. I don't know anyone who doesn't love to receive flowers. I consider myself one lucky chick to have this lady as a friend.
Thanks for sharing in the festivities ~ I hope that when it's your birthday, you will find a way to make the day a little extra special.

3 comments:

jacjewelry said...

Happy Birthday - again! :) Those drinks look yummy - I actually always always put them into martini glasses because I don't own any margarita glasses. :) I agree - all women love flowers, even the ones who say they don't. :) That orchid is stunning - I've had two so far, and I've killed both (OK, I gave the second one to my sister to nurse it back to health, so technically she killed it) - hope yours stays blossoming and gorgeous like it is now! What awesome friends you have!

Kacies Kreations said...

Happy, happy b'day! As I always say, "no cake, no happy b'day song and you stay the same age." B'day margaritas sound fab-u-lo-so. Much better than cake.

Read your opinion on the first lady...and I agree! She looks great. It's wonderful to have elegance and intelligence back in style in the White House. (also loved Paul Simon's song at the end of the PBS special)

Alison Kelley said...

Happy Birthday Stacy, I'm a little behind sorry :(.
I was laughing when I read what Janna wrote, ditto on the Orchid's I've done the same thing. My first one, my mother in law bought for me and I killed it within a coupe weeks. I'm rotten with plants. Hope yours stays full of life! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with friends and who could ask for anything more!