Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

1.14.2009

It's Smoothie Time!

One of my favorite gifts from Christmas 2008 is the WaringPro professional bar blender you see pictured here. Yep, I am a big dork when it comes to kitchen gadgets ~ you can laugh at me if you want, but I get excited about any and all things culinary ;) The intended use for this new tool is the making of beverages of the adult variety. However, I have been fighting a pretty bad cold lately, so the idea to make healthy, fruit infused smoothies came to mind. Here is one of my recent creations ~ the neighborhood grocery store had strawberries and blueberries on sale, and they actually looked decent, so I bought some. In these parts, we sometimes pay an arm and a leg for fruit that is out of season, and it’s not always worth it, but these berries were yummy. I mixed them along with a couple ripe bananas, plain non-fat yogurt, a little almond butter (for protein) and some ground flax seed. I also threw in some Nutella, because I love the stuff and I’m always looking for new ways to use it. Nutella makes everything better. It was actually pretty tasty! I’m now addicted to smoothie making, and I’m already thinking up new combinations that I can try with my new WaringPro. If anyone has any suggestions for me, I’d love to hear them! Feel free to share. I’m envisioning a trip to the market for smoothie ingredients in my near future ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nutella is delicious! They (by they I mean Snapple tea makers) say Snapple is made from the best stuff on Earth, but I would disagree (because Nutella is!). You know what else your blender is good for? Those adult beverages you speak of! Buy those frozen Bacardi mixes and follow the directions, but to make the drinks extra yummy, add fresh strawberries to a strawberry dacquiry, and a fresh banana to a pina colada! You will love them, I promise. :)