Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

7.06.2008

Summer Dish: Thai Pasta Salad

A friend of mine has been making this dish she calls "Thai Pasta Salad" for as long as I can remember. Just about every time we see each other, she makes it because she knows how much I love it. Finally I got the recipe from her and started making it for myself. The recipe makes a big bowl which is perfectly sized for a potluck. It can be served hot or cold, and chicken can be added if you wish to serve it as a main dish. I prefer it cold, sans chicken. I make a batch for the two of us, and we eat it for several days, which is a big treat at my house. Essentially, it is very similar to Pad Thai.
Thai Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
8 oz. chopped peanuts
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 c. olive oil
1 bunch green onions
12 oz. cabbage (coleslaw) mixture
3/4 c. peanut sauce
1/4 c. light soy sauce
1 pkg. cooked spaghetti noodles
1 lb. cubed cooked chicken (optional)
Directions:
In a large pot, saute' olive oil, chopped peanuts and minced garlic. Add chopped green onions and cabbage mixture. Stir and cook until completely coated with oil and cabbage is slightly softened. Do not overcook, causing the cabbage to be soggy.
In a separate bowl, mix peanut and soy sauces.
In a very large bowl, combine cooked chicken, cooked spaghetti noodles and cabbage mixture. Pour sauce over top and toss until thoroughly coated.
May be served as a hot main dish or chilled as a side salad.

No comments: