Your Aura is Blue
Spiritual and calm, you tend to live a quiet but enriching life. You are very giving of yourself. And it's hard for you to let go of relationships. The purpose of your life: showing love to other people Famous blues include: Angelina Jolie, the Dali Lama, Oprah Careers for you to try: Psychic, Peace Corps Volunteer, Counselor

About Me

My photo
This blog started out as a way for me to display and sell my handmade jewelry creations. I have set up shop on Etsy.com, where my shop name is "Dreamin of Beadin". The link to my Etsy store is located on the right hand side of this page. Please check me out!! If jewelry's not your thing, then check out the site anyway ~ there are plenty of talented artists selling lots of cool things there. For your reading pleasure, this blog will serve as a sneak peek into what's going on "behind the scenes" in my world. I love to cook, so there will be plenty of recipes, as well as product reviews and the occasional product giveaway (woo hoo!) I also love to take pictures of anything and everything, and I just bought a new camera, so there will be plenty of photos. And I like wine too, so things could get pretty interesting . . . Thank you for your support of me, Etsy and "all things handmade" :)

7.20.2008

The Perfect Summer Dessert

We're more than knee deep into July ~ that means heat and humidity in most places. This week in Michigan we experienced some near 90 and muggy days (this after I was just saying how pleasant our weather has been!) That aside, we still need to eat, right?! If you have a sweet tooth like I do, then your craving for dessert doesn't subside just because it's warm outside. However, I did learn my lesson a few years back when I baked a chocolate layer cake for my mother in law on a super humid day. The frosting melted instantly and the whole thing basically fell apart ~ it looked like a mudslide!
This Chocolate Mousse Torte is the answer to any summer dessert dilemma. It is rich in appearance, but light and airy. You can garnish is with raspberries, or practically any fruit ~ thereby taking advantage of freshly grown summer berries that are out there. It requires few ingredients ~ on my first attempt I found that ladyfingers were not exactly easy to find in the local grocery store. Eventually I found them at a nearby produce market, which has an excellent selection of ethnic and International foods. Feel free to experiment with the different flavors of mousse that are out there, too. You might notice in the photo that I added crushed Heath bars as a topping. I can't help it ~ I'm a supreme chocaholic! :)
Chocolate Mousse Torte
Ingredients:
2 (3 ounce) packages ladyfingers -- split
2 cups cold milk
3 (2.8 ounce) packages chocolate mousse mix
3 cups whipped topping -- divided
Fresh raspberries
Directions:
Line the bottom and sides of a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers (save remaining ladyfingers for another use). In a large mixing bowl, beat milk and mousse mixes on medium speed for 1 minute; scrape sides of bowl. Beat on high for 2-3 minutes or until thickened and lighter in color. Remove half of the mousse to another bowl; fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust. Fold remaining whipped topping into remaining mousse; carefully spread over first layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with raspberries.

No comments: